Saturday, August 14, 2010

My $5 challenge!!

 I have a game I like to play called the $5 game. I take a 5 dollar bill and see what I can get for it. This morning I came out a winner!! Everything you see pictured, I purchased for $3.90! That's right, $3.90! How?? Lemme show you! We will keep a running total!
Ronzoni pasta: BOGO 1.39,  4@            2.78
minus 4, $1/1 Smart taste Q'a                - 1.22
Plus 3, 1 sub notebooks sale 3/$1             -.22
plus 2, lady speed stick 2/$4                    3.78
minus 2, .50/1 Q's (double!!)                   1.78
plus 2, nature valley granola 2 @ 3.19      8.16
minus b1/g1 free Publix Q                       4.97
minus $1/1 MQ                                       3.97
minus .50/1 MQ (doubles!!                    2.97
Plus tax brings you back up to $3.90!!
There were other things on my list that would have made this  more impressive, but Publix was out of the products! See the next post for the continuation of my shopping excursion!

IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER...
At Publix, each item can have one publix Q (PQ) and one
manufacturer Q (MQ). So, in the case of the granola, I can use a $1/1 MQ and the get one free PQ off of my original box and then use the $.50/1 MQ off of the second. It sounds crazy, but it is the way it works.

Each publix can decide it's own coupon policy, so when in doubt, go to customer service and ask! They will always give you an answer that is true. You will also find that you have your fave cashiers! And soon after you have your favorites, you will know how they like to get thier Q's together.
As long as you are honest and fair, they will be the same!

So... take the $5 challenge and let me see what you got!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0