Thursday, August 12, 2010

CVS... saved 85% BEFORE the rebate!

So... at CVS today, I made a killing!! My total before sales or coupons (called Q's) was $33.61 my total out of pocket (called OOP) was $5.29 AND there is a try me now rebate here:

http://www.schickhydro.com/freehydro/america-default.asp

This rebate is good up to $10.99, Mine was only $8.99 reatil. Even if I only get the purchase price (including coupons) back, It will be a steal! It would mean I got all that for  $1.32!! If I get the full amount of $8.99 back, I will have MADE MONEY!!! $3.68 to be exact! So, here is how I did it!
Transaction #1:
Schick Hydro reg priced @ $8.97. Peelie Q on the package for Buy this item, get a free shave cream! I  also used a $5/1 Q on the Razor. PLUS I got $4 Instant CVS money  (called EB) for buying the razor!  So, That is $8.97 +$3.34 -$3.34 - $5.00. So, $3.97 +tax = $5.01 Plus the $4 instant CVS cash...
Transaction #2
Bic Soleil regularly $6.69, on sale buy 1, get 1 half price ( B1/G1 1/2).
I used  a B1/G1 Free Q AND a $2/1 ($2 off of 1) Q. This meant that the cashier took off $6.69 for the free item and $2 off! So, That is $6.69 + $3.34 (on sale 1/2 price, remember?) + $.99 + $.99 (I had to get over $4 so I could use my EB's) = $12.01 - $6.69 -$2.00 -$4.00+ tax = $.28!!!

I would call this a successful trip!
Thanks to iheartsavingmoney.com  for the always amazing advice!

2 comments:

  1. I would call it successful, too. I love to see what others get at CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome savings! I was considering doing the Schick, but I just went through my stock closet a few days ago, and there is no need to buy razors for a long while.

    I would love it, if you would link up your savings at my Weekly Savings Linky @ Frugality Is Free. I know my readers could learn a lot from you.

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0